I've been redoing all the sources of information for everything and adding in personal sources - as suggested by Jackie Webster. Most of my research is on hold until I'm done with this, except of course emails. So...if you see some errors, let me know.
We've updated the actual Family Tree portion of the site - check it out, it's the "Narrated Web Site" export of GRAMPS - pics included.
I've switched all my home computers and servers to Linux. No more windows! With that change, I've ported the family tree database to a Linux native program called GRAMPS. We used to use FamilyTree maker, which was great, but GRAMPS has so much more capability and functioinality.
We've compiled a List of Ancestors [It takes a couple seconds to load]. I update this occasionally, if you want a current listing, email me.
- We're mapping the actual tombstones in our cemetery section. Look for "[Map with tombstones]" under the cemetery name.
Class already started, better get to Genealogy School now!
- I just found an article on LiveScience.com about ancestry - a quick read. Click the following title to read it in a new window. Ancestry Search Can Annoy Living Relatives
Then you will see one of the reasons why I restrict data on living people.
- Our family history is more than just a collection of names and dates. With this site, we hope to make available the details of our ancestor's existance thereby adding color and depth to their lives and world.
- Effort has been made to remove personal information for family members currently living.
- Most of our photos come from photo albums that I've been allowed to scan. This site would not be as colorful without that help. Thank you.
- Further detail is available to family, just email me!
- I hope to make this site more interactive, including mailing lists and bulletin boards. Suggestions are welcome.
- This project is ongoing and any information or corrections are appreciated.
- Please feel free to forward this site to any family member interesed.